Research Group: Non-Coding RNA-Mediated Regulatory Networks
The objective of the project BotVidSENSOR, is the development of a tool for the diagnosis of the «grey rot» disease, caused by B. cinerea, which will allow the EARLY monitoring at the POINT OF NEED of the infections caused by this pathogen in grapevine.
1. To obtain grapevine plants infected with Botrytis cinerea under controlled conditions.
2. Optimization of fluidic technology for the detection of sRNAs (endogenous and/or pathogen-derived) suitable to be used as biomarkers of infection.
3. Optimization of the detection device under controlled conditions and in the field.
4. Adaptation of the sensor to the real needs of the biotechnological and productive system.
5. Development of an integral scalability and transferability strategy.
Develop the project